Friday, July 6, 2007

Journaling

I suppose "journaling" is not a word, but I like it.

I am going to try and record my thoughts and goals in a journal which will remain in my purse. Wish me luck!

I am not particularly skilled at crafting goals for myself. For one thing, I am pretty adaptable. I don't have a place where I MUST see myself in ten or twenty years. Another thing is that I know how often i change my mind, and I don't want to tie myself down. I don't want to create a goal and then feel as though it has become an obligation. I should work on the visual goal board suggested in The Secret, but I haven't had time. Maybe that should be a goal!

My main "goal" in life is to be happy. I know it is very vague and I am comfortable with that. The upside of this goal is that it doesn't require any one life path, but any one that I follow which brings fulfillment to my life. Some people want to be rich, but if I am happy without money, why would I need it? When it comes down to it, aren't most goals intended to help a person reach a place in which he is happy?

5 comments:

krysta rinke said...

yeah. you're lazy :) what makes you happy? make a point to do those things every day and then maybe you'll see a pattern that what makes you happy is what you're good at, which means you can keep capitalizing on what you're good at to increase your level of happiness. :) ha!

Korey said...

I was expecting so much more of a beating. I even held my breath! I know lots of things that make me happy. Now I am going to write them down. Then you can make fun of those until we have (hopefully) like three goals?

krysta rinke said...

haha! that's awesome! i expect to have the three goals on my desk by monday :)

michelle Lester said...

I made my vision board! I sits next to my bed.
My future house is really pretty

Unknown said...

4 essentials in life for happiness
1. shelter
2. food
3. clothing (although no clothing could make you happy too.)
4. love