Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Today I will

Today I will smile.

laugh.
think.
sigh.
love.
appreciate.

This is my first blog since high school. I am determined to write something more inspirational than the things I wrote then. I used to write everyday. I did not post them anywhere but on my hard drive, and some of them were wonderful. Some were awful. There are some things that you need to write just to get off your chest, and never return to them again. Such things I moved to floppy disks, and I don't have a disk drive anymore, so they are confined there for all eternity. I intend to write more often then I have been.

Some thoughts before I go:
Life moves so quickly, and requires more contemplation than anyone has time to commit to it. I try to appreciate one thing each day, to think on that, and to love it. I am, by nature, a pessimist, but despite my constant negativity and my complaints, I am happy. I am more happy now than I have ever been. I need to remind myself of this often, and it works well for me, most of the time. Try not to get caught up in the negative, and even if you do, even if the entire world seems to be caught in the mire of despair and uselessness, try to isolate one single thing that you appreciate. It will define your existence, even if only for a moment.

1 comment:

krysta rinke said...

let the blog love begin ...

i can tell this is gonna be rad. :)